YMMV: The Big Boss
- Moral Event Horizon: The titular Big Boss murders Cheng's entire family.
- Narm: Lee's screaming in the ending fight scene might come off as this to some.
- At one point, Cheng punches a guy through a wall, and the hole is in the perfect shape of the villain. Bruce fought hard against this but director Lo Wei overruled him.
- Narm Charm: Almost everything in the entire movie is simultaneously silly and awesome.
- Seinfeld Is Un Funny: A number of things that make it stand out, brutal violence, a hero that acts until halfway through, a flawed hero in a modern setting are a bit more common these days.
- What an Idiot: The two workers who turn down membership in the Big Boss' drug cartel after discovering they're smuggling dope. They seem totally unaware of the consequences for doing so.
- That could be chalked up to moral principle, however. They wouldn't be the first people in the history of the world who refused to commit unethical behavior, and paid for their moral integrity with their lives.