YMMV: The Benny Hill Show
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff:
- The French Love Benny Hill, as well as Americans and Romanians, much to the British's puzzlement. The show has not aged well in its native Britain, but remains popular overseas.
- Chileans and some Argentinians also remember it kinda fondly.
- Memetic Mutation: Setting a chase scene (or anything, really) to the show's theme song by Boots Randolph's "Yakety Sax".
- Never Live It Down: Many Americans still associate British humor primarily with Benny Hill. The Brits definitely do not.
- Values Dissonance:
- Hill's Asian characters (often wearing thick glasses, and always speaking in a comically exaggerated Chinese accent) were controversial even at the time, and completely cringe-inducing now.
- Many of the jokes that are judged as sexist today were considered much more acceptable in the seventies.