YMMV: The Beastmaster
- Cult Classic
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Kodo and Podo, mostly due to their cuteness.
- Memetic Mutation: The film's regular scheduling during the early days of HBO caused a joke that the channel's name stood for "Hey, Beastmaster's On."
- Nightmare Fuel: The people turned into wild madmen with glowing green eyes, the birdmen who eat by wrapping their wings around people, and only bones are left.
- In the second movie, when Arklon betrays his Dragon, she curses after him as he drives away, screaming "May tarantulas grow in your mouth!" She's a witch, so it happens. It's played for laughs as Arklon makes a face and then spits them out, but it's still insanely gross.
- The Scrappy: Jackie. Apparently we wouldn't understand she was from the present day unless every single line she says featured a forced pop culture reference.
- Sequelitis: Both sequels are considered to be pretty terrible, although the third one is commonly felt to be a little better than the second.
- So Bad, It's Good
- Tear Jerker: Kodo's Heroic Sacrifice.