- Animation Age Ghetto: It's sometimes thought of as a "kid's movie" by virtue of being animated, but when you consider that it's essentially about a man's death wish...
- Cult Classic
- Ear Worm: The end credits theme.
"Chasin' the light, leaving the night to heroes, HEROES..."
- Nightmare Fuel: The mini-adaptation of The Mysterious Stranger is known for being one of the creepiest things ever put to film, let alone a film that you could ostensibly show to children. It also amassed over fourteen million views on YouTube. That's a lot of Nightmare Fetishists out there, huh?
- Tear Jerker: The end of the final Adam and Eve segment. "Wherever she was, there was Eden."
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: Much like Watership Down, children who aren't easily disturbed will find a lot to like here. However, attempt to show it to most kids, and you'd better be prepared to pay for those therapy bills later in life. None of this is helped by the fact that the movie somehow carries a "G" rating.