YMMV: The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The Dungeon of all the non piano playing musicians Terwilliker has captured and looked up. As he put it: Scratchy violins, Screechy piccolos, nauseating trumphets etc etc.
- Cult Classic: Despite at the time, being as hated as the 2003 The Cat in the Hat adaptation (if not more so), there are people today who think highly of this movie and regard it as a Seuss classic.
- Ear Worm: Do Me Do Duds will never leave your head once you hear it, not helped by the fact that it's basically being sung by Captain Hook.
- Freud Was Right: Mr. Zabladowki has to rescue Bart's mom from her "lock-me-tight", which has a heart-shaped lock that he has to bust open.
- Narm Charm: The actors take it so darn seriously.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- The elevator operator, and those eyes! It doesn't help that the elevator itself is swinging like a flag in the wind.
- An antropomorphic bust of Terwilliker's head gives Bart this advice:
- Bart's expression was pretty scared....
- Second Verse Curse: The third stanza of the "Dungeon song" was cut out due to increasingly horrific lyrics.
THIRD FLOOR DUNGEON! Household appliances.Spike beds, electric chairs, gas chambers, roasting pots, and scalping devices.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: Fun for the family, unless you're the sort of person who has nightmares about nuclear weapons or imprisonment at a summer camp or hearing a kid practice piano scales over and over and over and over...