YMMV: Terry Funk
- Fair for Its Day/Values Dissonance: Funks (Westerners) versus Briscos (Native Americans, although they didn't Cosplay their heritage). Having a feud that's essentially a Professional Wrestling version of Cowboys and Indians, even without the costumes, might not work so well in the 21st century. (The feud was started around a little before or after the 1973 Academy Awards where Marlon Brando refused his Best Actor Oscar for The Godfather to protest the American film and television industry's treatment of the Native Americans, as well as the 1973 Wounded Knee incident.
- Japan Loves Terry Funk: Oh, boy, do the Japanese love this guy.
- Nightmare Fuel/Squick: His Barbed Wire Rope Match against Sabu at ECW's Born to be Wired event, even though Sabu's gash-in-the-arm was more notable than what Terry suffered. Paul Heyman didn't want anybody in ECW trying another Barbed Wire Rope match because he didn't think it could be topped and didn't want to see anybody else try, but Shane Douglas booked a Barbed Wire Three-Way-Dance between Sabu, Funk, and himself for Hardcore Homecoming - and it was just as disturbingly brilliant as the original.
- Puerto Rico Hates Terry Funk: Loathed in Puerto Rico.
- Tear Jerker: His first retirement in 1983 in Japan. "FOREVER! FOREVER!" Even with the subversion of this trope with future "retirements", some fans do get teary when seeing that moment replayed.