- Awesome Music: The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra recorded an orchestral version of the theme, and it sounds exactly as awesome as you'd expect. It's even better when it's paired up to the opening credits, as this video demonstrates.
- The original electronic version is just as awesome.
- Ear Worm: Just try getting "SOS" out of your head once you hear it.
- Fashion-Victim Villain: Cy-Star seems to have a particular love of anything shiny, feathery, or just plain flamboyant when it comes to clothes.
- Ho Yay: Yung-Star seems quite taken with King Richard III in "My Kingdom For a ZEAF".
Lord Tempo: "We should not take him with us."Yung-Star: "But he's so handsome!"
- Visual Effects of Awesome: As is expected from a Gerry Anderson show. Plenty of explosions to be had (though these explosions tend to reuse the same Cinesound clip over and over again).
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: For a kids' show, this series has some mild swearing. For example, the word "god" is uttered at several points (when most shows aimed at children use "gosh" instead to avoid religious references), and in "Thunder Path", Mary clearly says "bitchy" when describing how the media views Kate. Also, the humor derived from Hiro's thick Japanese accent can be interpreted as racist.