YMMV: Teenage Crimewave
YMMV Tropes associated with this Film are:
- Anvilicious: There's an expository radio report about juvenile delinquency and how it's a problem that needs to be dealt with harshly.
- Designated Hero: Ben, and this is even lampshaded by Mike, because Ben is not very heroic, not in any way. Actually, his near-constant antagonism of Mike (even though he's right to be angry) nearly gets his mother and everyone else killed. It's actually Terry's cooler head that prevents things from getting worse from the family.
- Glurge: Don't neglect your kids or they'll be on the wrong side of the law! Never forget!
- This could also be read into the filmmakers' writing, as Terry especially rejects the Bible reading of the farm couple. Mike does so, to a lesser extent.
- Narm: Plenty but especially: "TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF!", and each time everyone freezes up when the phone rings.
- Wait, there's more! Ben's bobbing head as he fights Mike at the observatory, or Mike's crying over Terry. So much narm!
- Tear Jerker: While it also falls under Narm above, Mike's crying over Terry is a legitimately sad moment for him.
- What an Idiot: It probably wasn't a great idea for Mike to drive to a dead end at the observatory...on a weekend.
- Mike is really, really trigger happy.
- Jane at the beginning of the film: Standing around to gawk at Terry and Mike's attempted mugging, rather that fleeing from them (and from Al, who was about to rape her).