YMMV: Teen Beach Movie
- Aborted Arc: It seemed obvious that the original film set up Les Camenbert and Dr. Fusion to return in the sequel as that fim's villains, now armed with the fact that they know they're fictional movie villains. With Teen Beach 2, the characters don't even make a single appearance. Although changed in Teen Beach 2, the after credits stinger is at least played with and given a Shout-Out.
- Base Breaker: The ending to the second movie: Lela changes the plot of Wet Side Story into a completely new movie called Lela, Queen of the Beach, and as a result, Brady and Mack never met, but do fall in love all over again at the end. Some people really like it, some people really hate it, and some people don't like it but respect it for not being a typical Disney ending.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: At the end of the sequel we learn Lela changed Wet Side Story into Lela, Queen of the Beach. She created a feminist movie in 1960s.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: C'mon, find a song in this movie that isn't this. Especially "Can't Stop Singing" which gets bonus points for being a song about Lampshade Hanging.
- Silver Screen from the second movie hung lampshades on even more tropes.
- Ear Worm: Likewise, just about every song.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: After the second movie, Mack/Lela seems to be the most popular couple.
- Foe Yay: Tanner/Butchy
- Fridge Brilliance: Abound. Just to name a few:
- When they're in the "real world" Mack and Brady actually surf. In the "movie" portion, Mack and Tanner are surfing in front of a green screen.
- A few plot holes tend to show up, especially towards the middle-end How did Tanner and Lela find out about Camenbert's and Dr. Fusion's evil plan?. Of course, 1960s surfing movies had their fair share of plotholes too so it's easy to assume that the actual Wet Side Story likely had the same plotholes as well. Plus, it could be a side effect of the movie essentially trying to catch up with itself once the plot is un-derailed.
- The opening theme is set in the present and Autotuned, but the rest of the songs are not because they're from the 60s and Autotune didn't exist yet.
- Les Yay: Lela seems just as interested in Mack as she does Brady.
- Ramped Up to Eleven in Teen Beach 2.
- This Lela/Mack bond is so strong that it even survived the reset button that overrode 53 years of history.
- One-Scene Wonder: Justin Bieber makes a surprise cameo at the very end of the movie. The reaction it gets from the characters is priceless.
- Values Dissonance: Invoked:
Mack: Why does she need a boy to make her happy?Brady: Because it's 1962!
- The values dissonance between the two worlds becomes a central plot point in Teen Beach 2.