- Anvilicious: "No Scrubs."
- Acceptable Lifestyle Targets: "No Scrubs" makes fun of men who don't own cars, live with their parents, or have little money.
- No Such Thing as Bad Publicity: The arson scandal largely helped sales of CrazySexyCool
- Periphery Demographic: While most of their music was aimed at Black audiences and was about the urban drama going on in many Black communities, they had a substantial Caucasian following.
- Signature Song: "Waterfalls," widely considered to be a quintessential 90s R&B song. "No Scrubs" can also be argued as this.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: "Waterfalls."