YMMV: Sy Fy Channel Original Movie
- Base Breaker: Your enjoyment of the movies seems to hinge on whether or not you believe Syfy is in on the joke. If you think they are, and are deliberately making the movies So Bad, It's Good as an homage to the B-Movies of yesteryear, you can find them very entertaining. If you think they don't, and are trying to play them painfully straight, you'll probably just find them depressing.
- Jumping the Shark: After Sharktopus was released, anyone who was still a fan of the SyFy channel lost all hope.
- Narm: The only reason why people still tolerate SyFy films is because the horrible acting and terrible CGI will literally make you laugh your ass off.
- Narm Charm: Then again, some people like seeing gigantic crocodiles and sharks on television eating people and disregard the abysmal CGI.
- Nightmare Retardant: They made it pretty clear that they're running out of ideas when they made a film about killer dinosaur fossils.
- So Bad, It's Good: A few of 'em. A number of them seem to invoke this, and those that seem to embrace it are usually the more enjoyable ones.
- So Okay, It's Average: On a really, really good day they can achieve this.
- Special Effects Failure: It's gotten much worse over the years. Eventually the creators will start hiring people right out of high school to do the CGI. If they haven't already. The practical effects they also use are not much better, if not outright worse, than the CGI.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: A constantly and rather highly debated point of discussion for practically any of these films. For instance, several people consider the titular beast in Wyvern to be fairly well made for a made-for-TV movie.