YMMV Tropes in the game:
- Adaptation Displacement: The Famicom game ended up being more popular than the film, to the point that the original filmmaker commended the developers for making the game scarier than the movie.
- Awesome Music: The Battle Theme.
- Good Bad Bugs: Encountered by DeceasedCrab during his Let's Play, when he flees the boulder and the wood breaks, causing his middle team member to hang for her life and stranding all three. The rock goes over Emi and vanishes without triggering the usual instant death.
- No Problem with Licensed Games: Both the movie and the game are considered to be very good. In fact, the game is often considered to be better than the movie.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Thanks to the 8-bit sprites, with Akiko wearing a flat medical coat and Asuka wearing some sort of blue cape thing, both can be mistaken for males. The main clues otherwise are the gender-divided Really Dead Cutscenes and the portraits of their doppelgangers seen in the final area.