* SugarWiki/CrowningMusicOfAwesome: Don't tell me you haven't heard the [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc65V41CcX0 overture]].
** If you think that's awesome, listen to [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShW4lqQ3ajA the finale, this version is timed with the finale of the 1994 Richard Rich animated film based on the ballet]].
* EarWorm: The swans' theme. You know, the haunting, twisting, minor-key oboe piece that just seems to fit dreamlike, beautiful, moonlit girls in a hopeless situation?
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Odile has the vaguest character out of the entire cast and is little more than a plot device, but she is one of the most famous characters regardless, particularly after [[Film/BlackSwan a certain film made note of the role.]] It doesn't hurt that she has probably one of the most difficult roles ever choreographed in ballet, involving ''32 fouettes in a row.''
* RetroactiveRecognition: The main theme is now possibly better known for its use in the Film/UniversalHorror films.
* WhatAnIdiot: Prince Siegfried. You'd think he'd notice how "Odette's" dress is a different color than usual or that the person bringing her in looks suspiciously like the evil sorcerer.
** The 1983 anime is even worse about this, where Odile ''tells him her real name'' and he ''still'' thinks she's Odette.
** Perhaps the reson for Siegfried thinking he is dancing with Odette is that Odile and/or Rothbart is using a mind control trick on him.