- Funny Moments: Vampire Carpets, a parody of this Empire Carpets commercial. There's a reason it gets referenced every anniversary.
- Moment of Awesome: "Cancelled", his final musical number (until the 1995 relaunch), which is both an admission that his show and the movies shown are an acquired taste as well as a middle finger to the network for cancelling it in favor of material that's not much better.
- So Bad, It's Good: Both the show (on purpose) and some of the films he shows.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The ending theme has elements similar to "I Can't Turn You Loose".
- The "Pictionary" segment uses a melody similar to Jeopardy!'s "think" music.
- Tear Jerker: Koz's blog post on Jerry G. Bishop's death, including the revelation that it was Bishop's idea for Koz to launch Son of Svengoolie. And especially this:
I have always said- there are a lot of people who would have used my material, said “thanks a lot kid” and walked away. Jerry was generous enough to help me get established.
- The Weird Al Effect: Tombstone's name and voice were based on Ray Jay Johnson. ("You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay...but you doesn't has to call me Johnson.") Today, who knows who Ray Jay Johnson is?
- This was also why Sven considered other names for his return, since it had been over 20 years since the original Svengoolie appeared on TV. It didn't seem right to be "Son of" him any more, since so many people would have no memory of him.