YMMV: Superman: Secret Origin
- Designated Villain: The military in issue 6. Yeah, Luthor, General Lane and John Corben were pricks, but the military won't give Superman a free pass when the matter of what he might be really after is at stake.
- Narm: The bit in issue 4 where Supes fights the Parasite looks silly as an angle of them fighting looks as if they're making out, then fighting.
- Tear Jerker: When Clark first sees his ship and activates the holograms of his birth parents, the Kents are right beside him, and get choked up too. Clark runs out crying into the fields and Jonathan follows him:
Clark: I... I don't want to be someone else. I don't want to be different. I want to be Clark Kent. I want to be your son.Jonathan: Clark... you are my son.
- The latest Superman movie Man of Steel borrows from this exchange. Its writer David Goyer wrote the introduction to the collected edition while he was working on the screenplay and noted this scene specifically.
- Uncanny Valley: A few times when a character, most notably Clark or Luthor, gives a big smile, they almost look psychotic. Well, in Luthor's case…