- Awesome Music / First Installment Wins: Their self-titled debut is their Magnum Opus, without a doubt.
- Crazy Awesome
- Ear Worm: The loop from "Ghost Rider" will never leave your head. Ever.
- Epic Riff: "Ghost Rider", "Rocket USA", "Johnny," etc. Endless repetition guarantees you won't forget them soon.
- Nightmare Fuel: A lot of their songs fall into this, but "Frankie Teardrop" definitely qualifies. The two-note riff distorting slightly as it goes on (for ten minutes) is bad enough, but when Alan Vega starts letting out those blood-curdling screams? Some have called this song one of the most frightening songs of all time.
- Sampled Up: "Ghost Rider" is the basis for MIA's "Born Free". The youtube video of Martin Rev performing with M.I.A., predictably, has a lot of comments asking who's the old guy who can't play the keyboards properly.
- Vindicated by History: In the 1970s, Suicide were booed off many stages for their alienating songs and aggressive performances. Those songs, however, wound up inspiring many bands in what became Post-Punk, Industrial and Synth Pop, not to mention giving a whole new perspective to Electronic Music.