YMMV: Sudden Death
- Complete Monster: Joshua Foss is a corrupt former Secret Service Agent who invades a hockey game's VIP and takes the Vice-President, his family and other people hostage. Foss plans to have money wired into off-shore bank accounts and blow up the stadium with everyone in it at the game's conclusion to cover his tracks. Foss orders multiple people killed and when his henchwoman Carla brings a child witness back, Foss simply asks why she didn't kill the girl already before having her put with the other hostages to execute them all at once. Foss begins executing hostages and tries to blow up portions of the stadium to show he's serious. When The Hero Darren McCord saves the hostages, Foss takes Darren's daughter hostage and after the final battle, opts to use his last bullet on the little girl, saying he wants Darren to live a long life always remembering how he failed to save his daughter.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Fighting a giant bird? Anything familiar about a certain family guy?
- Narm/Narm Charm: Darren fighting the henchwoman in the penguin suit.
- Padding: The opening scene with losing the girl in the house fire and picking up his kids from his ex-wife could be excised with almost no bearing on the plot at all.
- Short Run in Peru: As Brazil loves Jean-Claude Van Damme, this movie got released there first. He even went down there for interviews.