YMMV: Strikers 89
- Mildly Military: They can push the boundaries a little in their antics.
- Ship-to-Ship Combat: Where to begin? There's Katya fans, Slider fans, Ice fans, some Merlin fans and people who try to go after whatever witch shows up next. It may end up worse than the original Strike Witches Quest in this regard.
- It has as Katya's fans tend to cause her to take up half the thread, much to the dismay of those who want to see some characters get much needed screen time/character development.
- Thankfully, it seems that it has been resolved by Ice, Slider, and Katya taking the matter into their own hands and deciding to share Frank.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: This story is on the verge of this with out how many characters were introduced... and how many actually get screen time.
- The Woobie: Soviet witch Cyril Roskova. Her sidequest establishes just how sucky life as a witch in Soviet Russia can be; she's treated with contempt and escorted everywhere by Spetsnaz, she has only one friend on her flying carrier, she has to work with creepy brainwashed witches, and then her carrier is destroyed despite her best efforts, and she's eventually shot down, losing her left leg in the process. To make matters worse, the person who shot her down? Is Katya. Her best friend. And then she gets rescue-captured by a US Marine from the Kitty Hawk and then picked up by an Alaskan crab fishing boat.
- And then, if that wasn't enough, she has to try and fight off Soviet troops intent on boarding and killing her.