YMMV / Stranger Than Fiction: The Life and Times of Split Enz
- Crazy Awesome: Again, the entire band, mainly thanks to Noel Crombie.
- Creator Breakdown - Tim Finn is no stranger to this: Time and Tide owed a lot to his depression. In particular, the opening track "Dirty Creature" is about his efforts to laugh off his demons.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Message To My Girl in its entirety, along with Noel's closing words in the final chapter of the book.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Oh come on, it's Split Enz! Mike Chunn seems to particularly point out Take A Walk, Remember When, Message To My Girl, Kia Kaha and I Walk Away.
- As well as "Six Months in a Leaky Boat".
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Highly popular in Canada (something which also carried over to Crowded House).
- Misaimed Marketing: Especially upon first arriving in Australia, including such gems as "The raunchiest band ever to come out of New Zealand" (used twice) and "New Zealand's answer to the Skyhooks".
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: Some of the Enz's earlier work.
- What an Idiot: Nathan Brenner's decision to pick a fight with A&M Records and Tommy Mottola was ill-advised, to say the least.