YMMV: Stone Temple Pilots
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: What ever the hell "Wet My Bed "is.
- Critical Dissonance: The band's early material was ripped apart by most critics, in the face of a rapidly growing fanbase and multi-platinum albums. In a 1994 issue of Rolling Stone, they were named the "Best New Band" in a reader's poll... while simultaneously being voted the "Worst New Band" in a critic's poll.
- Face of the Band: Scott Weiland. When Weiland was fired from the band in 2013, many of the band's fans hastily proclaimed that STP was ending (which, according to Weiland, was not the case, as he claims his "firing" is nothing more than a hoax to increase band publicity. The band's current line-up claims otherwise, however).
- Fan Nickname: "Stone Temple Park" and "Linkin Pilots" after it was announced that Chester Bennington would be replacing Scott Weiland as the band's new vocalist.
- Fanon Discontinuity, crossed with First Installment Wins: Radio still plays STP songs from Core, Purple and Tiny Music, but almost nothing from the other three albums. And the last one has not been out very long compared to the rest.