- Crowning Music of Awesome: Justified, since most crowning musics are rather steppable.
- Game-Breaking Bug: The Assist Tick bug, which will crash Stempania if you have the assist tick on in the editor and you stop testing a chart. Happens randomly too, and only in the mode people would use the assist tick.
- Good Bad Bug: Negative BPMs and Negative Stops.
- Ironically, the only reason it was patched out was because it messes with scoring. The update immediately after the above adds a much easier to use variant that also plays nice with the scoring system.
- This causes lots and lots of Suddenly Harmful Harmless Object. A wall of arrows or a set of holds might turn out to be mines - or alternatively, the mines you try to avoid turn out to be arrows, causing you to miss them. Trial-and-Error Gameplay follows.
- This has since become an Ascended Glitch with support for Warps in StepMania 5.
- Memetic Mutation: Anything from the Bemani community partially overlaps into Stepmania communities.
- Most Annoying Sound: This whole game to people who aren't fortunate enough to know what the music sounds like behind your headphones. Rhythmic keytapping has been known to drive some people insane.
- Serious Business: Why the Xoon Total Drama packs exist. Also, the Mystery Packs bring out the worst in people.