YMMV: Steel Battalion
STEEL BATTALION: LINE OF CONTACT (XBOX)
- Doing It for the Art: Why else would anyone develop a commercially unviable game like this?
- Memetic Mutation: "Cheddar coming boys!", from a Line of Contact trailer. Cheddar refers to artillery/howitzer fire.
- Contested Sequel: Judging from the critical and gamer reactions, the game is rapidly becoming this.
- Player Punch: Every time your crewmate dies, their picture from the graduating class (that you are a part of) goes gray and a letter informing of their death is sent to their next of kin.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: For some people regarding Kinect as the new controller.
- Only a handful of professional reviewers have given the game a score of over 40 out of 100, making this trope a common consensus. (Mostly due to the fact that new controls can be very touchy).
- To give you a good idea, X-Play gave it a half-star, it's first half-star, which equates around to a 0.5/5.