YMMV: Star Ocean
- Broken Base: Maaa-aaaaa-aaaan. Till The End Of Time's plot twist managed to split the base like a lumberjack splitting a log and things are still split. TTEoT might just be one of the best examples of a base-breaker ever.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The Anime of the Game, Star Ocean EX, is So Okay, It's Average... Except its title music, Go To The Light.
- Game Breaker: It's almost an art for SO players to find the fastest and most efficient ways to remove any challenge from the games. In Till the End of Time, for example, doing so will almost certainly involve either Orichalcum or Boots of Prowess, depending on where you are in the game.
- Never Live It Down: Many fans still have trouble getting over the third game's infamous plot twist.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: See Genre Shift.