- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Wong's ripping into Star Trek: Insurrection being about saving a Mary Suetopia whose inhabitants somehow matter more than billions of other life forms and noting just how selfish the Ba'ku would have to be to hoard something that could save billions of lives.
- Fandom Rivalry: Had one with SpaceBattles.com for a while, partly due to a much heavier focus on evidence-based debating on SD.net's end. It seems to have mostly died down.
- Gateway Series: Can serve as this to some of the science fiction series the debates bring up.
- Memetic Mutation:
- RAR! is an internal meme, coined by Mayabird in response to Zor's "Hipotheticle Senareos"[sic]. It basically refers to any thread featuring a highly complicated theoretical scenario. A good example.
- Ahriman 238's analysis/discussion thread for the Honor Harrington series at one point compared the Graysons to Kerbals. It didn't take long for people to start posting "GLORIOUS KERBAL GRAYSONS" or some variation thereof.
- Rooting for the Empire: The Trope Namer, but not entirely true.
"Complaining about technical aspects is fine, but sympathizing with one faction because of their technology doesn't make any kind of valid argument on the morals. No matter how cool or otherwise the bad guys are, they're still bad."