YMMV: Square Root of Minus Garfield
- Crosses the Line Twice:
- Discredited Meme: The "Garfield [something that sounds like minus] Garfield" bit after one use too many. It was officially axed when they made a strip with the Terminator going back to stop the meme's creation.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- This strip became this when the real strip really did have a strip◊ about Garfield chasing a laser pointer two months later.
- The annotation of #88, a recreation of a mezzacotta comic, states "The next trick will be turning Garfield and Jon into Lightning Made Of Owls characters." They don't turn into them, but this comic was made a year later, and then this extremley meta one a few years after that.
- In this strip, the author points out that, despite his expectations, editing the strip where a mouse declares Jon's house part of "the Empire of Mice" to have the mouse representing various other fictional empires looked like it would never become a meme. The very next day, this was posted. And both author's notes end with a slogan praising the ruler of the empire featured in the strip. (In case you're wondering, the second strip couldn't have been made in response to the first due to the lead time caused by the Strip Buffer).
- Even better, this contribution was posted a few weeks later, which had been submitted before either of the above.
- Memetic Mutation: Aside from the aforementioned "Garfield [something that sounds like minus] Garfield", there is also Jon with a blender stuck to his head, with the blender sometimes replaced with something that may or may not sound like the word "blender".
- Moment Of Awesome: Strip 625, which took an Overused Running Gag and effectively terminated it.
- Nightmare Fuel: Outright lampshaded in "Nightmare Fuel Garfield"
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Flat out lampshaded in the annotation of the incredibly bizzare strip One Warped Wish, wherein the author insists he wasn't on drugs.