YMMV: Space Harrier
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Aw hell yeah! Sega AM 2 games from the era almost always had awesome music.
- Most Annoying Sound: "AAAAARGH! Get ready!"
- Polished Port:
- The Master System version, surprisingly enough. It manages to keep the feel of the arcade version and adds an actual Final Boss known as Haya Oh - twin flaming dragons who are as fast as incoming obstacles in the tunnel stages. Oh, and they also unintentionally cause Interface Screw because the background Turns Red and makes them damn near impossible to see. Their fireballs are also the same color as them, making the fight Nintendo Hard.
- The X68000 port, however, is a mix and match of the Master System and Arcade versions, making it the most "complete" port. It keeps the Arcade version's sound quality and speed while adding in Haya Oh and the "story" from the Master System version. Too bad it never left Japan.
- The 3DS port is very faithful to the arcade original, and includes the option to use the 3DS's touchscreen for more granular movement.
- Porting Disaster: The version of the original in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection in Europe) is quite playable, but it has some sound emulation issues that aren't in the original.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The music used in the first two stages sounds oddly like the Blake's 7 theme.