YMMV: Space Chimps
- Fanon Discontinuity: The original may not be anything special, but even its fans wish that the sequel never came to be.
- Freud Was Right: Some people think Kilowatt's head resembles a breast.
- Fridge Horror: They need a nose cone for their spaceship for re-entry. So they use the frozen, but still blinking, Zartog.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Malgor is an alien world with technicolor flora and fauna, a MacGuffin material and predominantly blue aliens with flying mounts resembling stingrays at their disposal. Yeah.
- Older Than They Think: The Nineties cartoon Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys was pretty much exactly the same thing.
- Special Effects Failure: The CGI in the first movie isn't honestly "bad" per se, but there's a noticeably Minimalist Cast when it comes to the humans and the design of Zartog's race is pretty bland. But to put things in perspective: the film came out in 2008, 1 month after WALL•E did, and just compare those twonote .