- Crowning Moment of Awesome: "That's why I lit it on fire."
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: When Connor comes out to Jeff:
Jeff: Have you told anyone else you're gay, besides me?Connor: Just a guy back home I dated this summer.Jeff: Tell me about him.Connor: Just like I don't care about hot girls, I know you don't care about hot guys.Jeff: Yeah, but I can talk about hot girls with anyone. But I'm the only one who knows you like guys.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: It's kind of funny how Danny is just so used to Seth's sociopathic tendencies that he just does not react at all when Seth casually murders people in front of him. Or it was funny, up until the "Nightmares" chapter came along.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The whole "I could make you beg for me to explore every inch of your body" speech Seth made to Danny close to the beginning. Funny at the time. After "White Knight" ... not so much.
- Ho Yay: This comic has so much Ship Tease, it isn't funny. Wait— yes it is.
- ...Like Seth telling Danny that he could make him want him if he wanted to...much to Danny's horror.
- Loki and Aaron get a lot of this. It is genuinely hard to tell what the exact nature of their relationship is, mostly because a lot of behavior could be attributed to Loki... being Loki. Word of God says they are a couple, however.
- Magnificent Bastard: Seth. He actually fingered a woman when he was fighting her, all to get the upper hand.
- Moral Event Horizon: Seth breaking Danny's leg and his subsequent speech.
- Tear Jerker: Melanie's break-up with Danny.
"You know how in almost every superhero movie, the hero breaks up with his girlfriend to protect her? And then she tells him, you're worth the risk? Well... You're not."