- Broken Base: One of the most infamous. The Chris/Kelli war continues to this day, even though the band split up years ago.
- There's also deliberation over the SP 5 songs- the fans are divided over whether the songs are good or bad, or whether they're actually Sneaker Pimps songs or not. It doesn't help that the female singer is only identified as 'Tori'.
- Ear Worm: "I can see a rainbow..."
- Face of the Band: Kelli, until the band replaced her with Chris. Nobody seems to remember Liam Howe, even though he founded the band with Chris.
- Hell Is That Noise: “Spin Spin Sugar". That bit with the odd maniacal laughter...
- It's the Same, so It Sucks: Part of the reason why they changed themselves so much- a number of trip-hop bands had sprung up consisting of two guys and a female singer, and they didn't want to be just another trip-hop band.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: “Tesko Suicide” (girls don’t need to match the standards magazines set to be beautiful). There’s also explanation B (suicide has become so commercialised, supermarkets may as well sell suicide kits).
- Tear Jerker: “Flowers and Silence”, and "Destroying Angel".
- "Sick", too- it's all about someone who's prepared to change themselves in any way they can so that their lover won't get sick of them.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: A lot of fans' reactions after Splinter was released.