- Ear Worm: Oh Lord, the Theme Tune. It has banjos.
- First Installment Wins
- Ham and Cheese: Jackie Gleason as Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
- Ho Yay: Possibly from Buford to Bandit in their first encounter in Part II.
Buford: Hello, you handsome sumbitch.Buford: If you make one move, I'll put a hole right between those gorgeous brown eyes.
- Retroactive Recognition: Tough-as-nails, wise-crackingly Faux Affably Evil, Deadpan Snarker terrorist Carla (who fought Jean-Claude Van Damme in the penguin suit) was the nymphomaniacal Tina in Part III.
- Sequelitis: The third film. Some reviewers even felt this way towards the second film due to It's the Same, Now It Sucks.
- It could be argued pretty well that Parts 2 and 3 fight for a distant second place while the first movie enjoys an undisputed first place.