- Awesome Music: The song that plays over the end credits:
Darlin', I love you, but leave me the fuck alone...
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The temperamental and foul-mouthed Mayor is likely the most popular character in the film.
- Hide Your Lesbians: Margaret being a lesbian is only brought up twice and briefly, so you'd be forgiven for not knowing she's a lesbian.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Hey, Michael Rooker just got impaled by a flying arrow! And in a James Gunn film, no less. Not to mention that its sequel features an Assimilation Plot...with Rooker as one of the good guys.
- During the middle third of the film, Grant strongly resembles a newly designed Centaur.
- Memetic Badass: According to the wrap-up tape, Bill Pardy ended up as this for the cast and production staff of the film.
- Tear Jerker: The look Starla and Grant share before she has to blow him up.