- Awesome Music: the song that plays over the end credits:
Darlin' I love you, but leave me the fuck alone...
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The temperamental and foul-mouthed Mayor is likely the most popular character in the film.
- Hide Your Gays: Margaret being a lesbian is only brought up twice and briefly, so you'd be forgiven for not knowing she's a lesbian.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Hey, Michael Rooker just got impaled by a flying arrow! And in a James Gunn film, no less.
- Memetic Badass: According to the wrap-up tape, Bill Pardy ended up as this for the cast and production staff of the film.
- Tear Jerker: The look Starla and Grant share before she has to blow him up.
- X Meets Y: Night of the Creeps meets The Thing (1982) meets The Blob (1988).