- Crowning Music of Awesome — Why else would Spiderland be so influential? Highlights of the album include:
- The part of "Don, Aman," in which raging electric guitars burst into the mix.
- The chorus of "Nosferatu Man."
- The ending of "Good Morning, Captain," with Brian's famous "I MISS YOU!" screams.
- Love It or Hate It — Either they're a brilliantly artistic band or they're just a band that writes boring, drawn out songs. Rolling Stone criticised Spiderland for "the absence of anything resembling a tune", for instance.
- Magnum Opus — Spiderland.
- Paranoia Fuel — Spiderland seems designed to invoke either this ("Don, Aman") or outright Nightmare Fuel.
- Tear Jerker — "Washer" by far is their most depressing song.