Tropers Online: 4,355
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
- Crowning Music of Awesome — Why else would Spiderland be so influential? Highlights of the album include:
- The part of "Don, Aman," in which raging electric guitars burst into the mix.
- The chorus of "Nosferatu Man."
- The ending of "Good Morning, Captain," with Brian's famous "I MISS YOU!" screams.
- Love It or Hate It — Either they're a brilliantly artistic band or they're just a band that writes boring, drawn out songs. Rolling Stone criticised Spiderland for "the absence of anything resembling a tune", for instance.
- Magnum Opus — Spiderland.
- Paranoia Fuel — Spiderland seems designed to invoke either this ("Don, Aman") or outright Nightmare Fuel.
- Tear Jerker — "Washer" by far is their most depressing song.