YMMV: Slaughter High
- Harsher in Hindsight: Marty's mistreatment by his classmates becomes even more disturbing when you realize Simon Scuddamore, the actor who played him, committed suicide shortly after the film's release.
- Hell Is That Noise: The jingling bells on Marty's jester hat.
- Idiot Plot: Because one door was electrified, the cast decide stay in the school, despite all the windows they could have used to escape.
- Narm: After Marty crashes through a window, the Final Girl throws a spear at him which misses. She does this so half-heartedly that it's funny.
- Nausea Fuel: Ted's guts spilling out after he drinks a poisoned can of beer, and Shirley melting in the acid bath.
- One-Scene Wonder: Coach in the scenes set in past, who has a no-nonsense attitude towards the students' shenanigans.
- Paranoia Fuel: Ted drinks an innocuous-looking can of beer, which causes his guts to melt.
- Retroactive Recognition: Billy Hartman, who played Frank, would go on to portray Terry Woods in Emmerdale.
- Rooting for the Empire: Because they all had a part in pointlessly tormenting Marty, it's hard to care about the main cast.