- Alternative Character Interpretation: A lot of people believe that much of his facial scars were a result of drug abuse since coming onto the rave scene rather than acne scars from a hormone imbalance he had as a teenager.
- Awesome Music: Lots. His "Cinema" remix is the most often cited, but also his "Hey Sexy Lady" remix, "Rock 'N' Roll", both versions of "With You, Friends", his "Levels" remix, and many more.
- Broken Base: Fans of Skrillex's usual heavy brostep sound weren't happy with Recess's exploration into other genres of Electronic Music. Other fans, however, have welcomed the change, and even people who weren't fond of Skrillex beforehand have said the album was a nice change of pace.
- Critical Backlash: Since his hype has started to die down, people are getting tired of seeing his name mentioned everywhere compared to the likes of Lil Wayne, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, etc.. Especially on videos of other electronic artists, specifically Aphex Twin...whom is probably Skrillex's biggest influence.
- Face of the Band: Back when he was in From First to Last. As a solo artist, there's really no one else to be the face.
- Fandom Rivalry: "Dirty Vibe" seems to have sparked one between Skrillex fans and the K-Pop fanbase in general. Diplo is... just sort of there.
- Fountain of Memes.
- Skrillex is the soundtrack to the xXx420MLGPRO360NoScopez1v1x420xXx Youtube Meme. Bangarang in particular.
- Growing the Beard: His work has gotten progressively more interesting and experimental as it's gone on; the early EPs are relatively generic dubstep, Bangarang added more rock and hip-hop influences, and Recess barely even counts as dubstep anymore.
- Hell Is That Noise:
- The unholy bass line in "Scatta".
- "Died This Way". Period.
- Ho Yay:
- Skrillex and fellow producer Feed Me jokingly claim to be boyfriends (and, if one interview is to be believed, the two were married by Skrillex's tour manager).
- And also with the Roadhog.
- Hype Backlash: To a belligerent degree.
- Memetic Mutation:
- WUB WUB WUB
- My Name Is Grillex
- Skrillex is dead. RIP Skrillex, inventor of Dubstep.
- I is Skrlx. Hatrz◊ pls...
- He has become one of the most frequently sampled artists in a growing community of ironic mashups on Soundcloud, who have done some of the most ridiculous things with his music imaginable
- Moe: Sometimes. It doesn't help that he's tiny, wears gigantic glasses, and loves Disney.
- Narm Charm: WUB WUB WUB
- Shipping: Slash fics pairing him with Deadmau5 are getting rather popular.
- Signature Song: Either "Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites", "First Of The Year (Equinox)", or "Kill EVERYBODY".
- His most well-known song in popular culture is probably his remix of "Cinema.". It doesn't help the fact that has been featured in the latest Forza Motorsport game, Forza Horizon.
- Tear Jerker: "With You, Friends (Long Drive)." Especially if the rumors that it's about Skrillex's biological mother (he's adopted) are true. Though the vocals are pretty chopped up and distorted, what can be discerned is pretty heartbreaking:
"Please tell my mother I'm down on my knees
And I really miss you mom
I love you, you, you
All I love, all my love"
- Ugly Cute: Bishōnen + Covered with Scars = This
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The Skrillex Cell.
- Wangst: In his Emo Teen days.
- The Woobie: His childhood was pretty lonely, and when he became a teenager he found out he was adopted—and that he was the only one who hadn't known. This and his self-esteem issues over his facial scars made him a hell of a Woobie. He's mostly recovered from being The Woobie, though.