For The Film Skin:
- Anvilicious: The film does not let up when it wants to prove a point about how awful life was for blacks and mixed race people in apartheid-era Africa
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The ending, where Sandra, after 20 years of being unable to talk to her parents, finds her mother (her father had already died of cancer) and her mother, near-death herself, gives Sandra a key. Which unlocks a cupboard where she finds a box. And in the box is her teddy bear, the only thing in her life that has never hurt her.
- Moral Event Horizon: Plenty.
- The Headmaster, when he hits Sandra with the cane enough times to make her wet herself (for no apparent reason other than her skin color).
- Petrus' last confrontation with Sandra. There are hints throughout the movie alluding to this before it finally happens.
- Sandra's mother refusing to allow her dying father to speak to her.
- Nightmare Fuel: Some of the sequences, such as the headmaster caning young Sandra will scare you.
- Tear Jerker: Quite a few, but the ending of the film is this and a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- The Woobie: Sandra.
- Wangst: Amazingly averted, given that Sandra is really a Butt Monkey.
for The Fanfic Skin:
- Die for Our Ship: Subverted; characters such as Rebecca and Mai are treated quite fairly- Mai in fact, holds a status of Cool Big Sis.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: It's part of a 'personal promise' on the author's part, but Dinosaur Ryuzaki and Insector Haga gained such an increase in role that she had to give them first names lest things get awkward.
- And if the spoiler-art for Capmon is any sign, they're about to get an even larger increase.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: It is a puppyshipping fanfiction.
- Peachshipping applies as well, among others. It's also responsible for naming 'Secretshipping' ( Ryuzaki x Shizuka).
- Foe Yay: Ramped up considerably for laughs of course. Pegasus even implies an unrequited love between Seto and Yugi, comparing her obsession to a relationship.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: At one point, Seto tells Jonouchi off by saying that he's so pathetic, that he 'can't even stand on his own two legs', a line that is humorously completed by Jonouchi himself… Guess what ended up happening to Jonouchi over ten chapters later.
- Alternatively HarsherInHindsight; the reason why Jonouchi can finish the sentence is because he received the same insult from a dream, which was made with the demand that 'even when you cannot stand, to fulfil [his promise]'. Boy, did he ever.