- Alternative Character Interpretation: Its very easy to see Barry as being not just a very imaginative teenager who daydreams a lot but as a schizophrenic who has hallucinations.
- Boisterous Weakling: Stone, at least against Chuck Norris.
- Crowning Moment Of Awesome: When Chuck Norris kicks the teacher's ass.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: According to Chuck Norris, dreams come true if you want them bad enough. They don't come true if you earn them, deserve them or really need them to come true. In this case, Barry dreams of fighting alongside Chuck Norris, and because he wanted it so bad, Chuck Norris just happened to drop by at the karate tournament he was competing in and agreed to help him out.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: This movie was pretty much Chuck Norris Facts twenty years before Chuck Norris Facts.
- Moment Of Funny: A bunch of them, but one in particular; during one of Barry's daydreams, based on Norris' movie The Hitman, Barry pulls out a small rocket launcher from inside his trenchcoat. Norris has a look on his face like, "WTF?" Barry, for his part, has a shit-eating grin on his.