- Crossover Ship: One AMV paired Trevor with Mandy due to both being the Token Evil Teammates of their respective series. The video also used Eris and Mr. Troublemeyer/Master XOX to represent them as adults.
- Cult Classic: It managed to receive a decent cult following in spite of the backlash it got for its mean-spirited jokes and toilet humor.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: People are either appalled by the mean-spirited jokes on the show or just become indifferent towards them. It doesn't help when nearly everyone is cruel towards Eric and even he has a nasty streak now and then.
- Ear Worm: The theme song.
I'm a Sidekick! Sidekick!
What an awesome gig!
Just like superheroes (just like superzeroes),
But only half as big! SIDEKICK!
- Ensemble Darkhorse:
- Mandy Struction for being a morally ambigious yet ultimately nice girl who happens to be one of the few people who's kind to Eric.
- Savannah Glama is incredibly popular despite only appearing in one episode, for being one of the few characters who actually managed to give Vana some comeuppance thoughout her episode, and also for her form-fitting bodysuit and attractive design.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Eric/Kitty seems to be preferred over Eric/Vana and Eric/Mandy, despite it being made clear that Eric does not return Kitty's feelings and would clearly prefer to be with Vana or Mandy.
- Jerkass Woobie: Eric or Kitty at times, when they aren't full-on woobies.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships: Eric has been paired with Vana, Kitty, Mandy and even Trevor, believe it or not.
- Moe: Look at the designs. They look quite cute. Even Trevor.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: Teric = Trevor/Eric.
- Rooting for the Empire: With Splitsboro being such a horrible, mean-spirited place where the supposed heroes constantly abuse their Kid Sidekicks non-stop, rooting for Master XOX or any of the other villains to take over the place isn't such an unreasonable opinion.
- Ship-to-Ship Combat: Between Eric/Kitty, Eric/Vana and Eric/Mandy.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot:
- Why is there no effort to find Maxum-Man?
- The show itself has been called this by detractors, with plenty of people admitting to liking the show's technological aesthetic, romance between the characters, and deconstructions of superhero tropes, but being turned off from them owing to the show's reliance on toilet humor and blatant cruelty. Plenty of fans hope for a reboot that would better utilize said aspects while downplaying the hated aspects.
- The Woobie: Eric. He has no parents, Maxum Man abandoned him, and everyone in town beats him up (to the point where they made a holiday about it). He isn't even allowed to see his true love, Mandy Struction. You can really sense the writers' sadistic tendencies toward him.
- Ugly Cute: Trevor isn't as cute as Eric or Kitty, or as attractive as Vana, but his unique facial features make him look strangely endearing when combined with the show's Moe-ish art style.