YMMV: Shallow Hal
- Evil Is Sexy: At least when the hypnotism is off.
- Hollywood Pudgy: Averted as Rosemary is really obese, not slightly bigger than the average Hollywood actress.
- Special Effects Failure: Towards the end where Rosemary is carrying Hal, you can see that parts of his shirt are fastened to strings.
- When Hal and Rosemary reconcile at the party at the end and hug each other, pay attention to Rosemary's arms and you can clearly see where the fat suit ends as her hands are perfectly slim.
- Tear Jerker: During the hypnosis, Hal saw Cadence as a perfectly healthy and beautiful little girl. After it's turned off, he sees her again... with burns all over her face. He looks up, and what does Hal see? "Pediatric Burn Unit."
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: Mauricio, Hal's shallow, snarky best friend who is responsible for Hal's hypnosis spell ending just because he wanted him to be superficial again. Even after we learn his Freudian Excuse that he was born with a tail that, since it has an artery wrapped around it, can't be surgically removed, it doesn't garner him much sympathy, mainly due to him spending most of the movie badmouthing Rosemary, and how absolutely gross it is.
- The Woobie: Rosemary. Also Cadence, along with all the other burn victims.