YMMV: Shadow Of The Valley
- Cry for the Devil: Light's end is just so pitiful.
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory: The narrative is heavy on symbolism or Faux Symbolism since Light thinks he is the world's Saviour.
- Foe Yay: Light secretly considered naming his unborn child after L.
- They are his victims, HIS. Light can't stand to see someone (else) defacing L's grave.
- Inferred Holocaust: The ambiguous ending, any way you look at it...
- Jerkass Woobie: Light. He's so very screwed up but he has no one to blame but himself.
- Tearjerker: Light's end- "Ryuk, give me my eyes. I want my eyes, Ryuk. If you cannot give me wings, then give me my goddamn eyes."
- The Woobie: Hikari- Light and Misa's daughter, raised by Light to follow his ideals. That kid had no chance at being well-adjusted and mentally stable.