YMMV: Settlers of Catan
- Game Breaker: The Aqueduct in the Cities & Knights expansion allows players to have production even when their resource numbers aren't rolled. Players who get this early usually have a huge advantage.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Or in this case, Americans love Catan.
- Memetic Mutation: "Wood for Sheep".
- Periphery Demographic: The Green Bay Packers and their fans. When word got out that this game was a locker-room favorite of several Packers players, sales for the game skyrocketed in Wisconsin.
- Scrub: Since settlements must be at least two vertices apart, placing a settlement an odd number of vertices away from another will reduce the number of legal build-spots for everyone, sometimes sharply. Sometimes Scrubs arise who insist that this shouldn't be legal, and everyone should be required to place settlements for maximum density.