- Author's Saving Throw: Avengers: The Children's Crusade
- Canon Sue: She was sometimes suspected of being this for the writer-artist team of Kurt Busiek and George Perez, who increased her powers to unheard-of levels, had her save the day in a lot of stories, made her deputy leader of the team, and let her, not any of the top-tier heroes, have the last word in JLA-Avengers.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships: She's been the target of a lot of character's affections, including Angel, Toad, Mastermind, Captain America, Hawkeye, The Vision, Wonder Man, Nightcrawler, Doctor Doom, Doctor Strange, Quicksilver (at least in the Ultimate Universe), and probably more. And those are only the canon ones.
- Never Live It Down: Her actions in M-Day and Disassembled.
- The popularity of those two storylines, along with her absence from the comics between 2005 and 2011, means that it's common for readers to think of her as an omnipotent Reality Warper, even though her powers don't work that way anywhere except Disassembled and House of M, and both those stories have since been explained away as the result of an outside source amping up her powers.