- Crowning Music of Awesome: "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Jeremy Piven, playing a crazy hyperactive guy who screams at someone called "Lloyd"? Yeah...
- Bebe Neuwirth and John Mahoney both appear in this movie; they would later go on to be a recurring guest star and main cast member, respectively, on Frasier.
- Memetic Mutation: "Are you more romantic than Lloyd Dobler?"
- In a broader sense, Lloyd's "holding up the stereo" pose has been imitated numerous times.
- Tear Jerker: Lloyd's phone call to his sister after he and Diane break up.
A pen. She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen.
- Crosses the Line Twice: "Property" has a spoken word section by Bemis that quickly crosses the line.
"If you do have to sell your body once... Twice... Seven times... It'll be worth it!"
- Face of the Band: Max.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Chad Gilbert's and Hayley Williams's guest appearances on In Defense of the Genre is a little more awkward once you learn that Chad was rumored to have left his wife for Hayley. Said ex-wife is Sherri Dupree...Max's wife.
- Narm Charm: Max's delivery of the band's cover of "Got Your Money" by ODB makes it even greater.
- Paranoia Fuel: "Rats."
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Some fans say this of the new music. They've progressed, but they're just keeping from going stale.