- Acceptable Targets: Christians, naturally, but mostly Evangelical Conservative ones.
- Anvilicious: After the gang attempts to exorcise Mary, she storms off and Hilary Faye literally throws a Bible at her.
Mary: This is not a weapon, you idiot!
- Crowning Music of Awesome : The Exorcist theme is incorporated into the orchestration, to brilliant effect.
- Foe Yay: First of all, Hilary Faye is pretty obsessed with Cassandra and getting her saved. Secondly, Cassandra seems oddly comfortable with telling Hilary Faye the details of her sex life while pretending to get saved.
- Jerkass Woobie : Hilary Faye is just a nice girl trying to do what's right (in her mind). Though she probably deserves to be taken down a peg, you still kind of feel sorry for her at the end.
- Les Yay: Tia's slavish devotion to Hilary Faye. Oh god, poor Tia.