YMMV: Saturday Night Fever
- Awesome Music: There is a reason that the soundtrack album was certified 15x platinum. How awesome was the soundtrack? Alice Cooper remembers panning the album to fans and the public, but privately, thought it was (and still is) the best album he's ever listened to.
- Do Not Do This Cool Thing: Despite portraying Tony Manero's life as violent, shallow and ultimately pointless, the movie won Disco millions of new fans.
- Jerkass Woobie: Even Tony deserves a little sympathy for all the crap he has to put up with.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Most of the people who saw the film in The '70s cared only for The Bee Gees songs and Travolta's dance numbers.
- Memetic Mutation: In possibly one of the strangest crossbred memes in Internet history, this film plays a major part in a Touhou meme: Travolta's pose from the poster is extremely similar to the pose taken by Nagae Iku when she declares a spellcard, and fans did the rest. The meme is so prolific that Danbooru, usually dedicated to anime, manga, and video games, has tags for Saturday Night Fever and John Travolta.
- Narm Charm: A lot of Travolta's moves, which have been endlessly parodied, come off as ridiculous and are hard to take with a straight face, but they are really cool anyway and Tony Manero exudes an engaging charisma.
- The Woobie:
- Poor, poor Annette.
- Bobby C., too. Tony is the only one who treats him vaguely like a human being.