YMMV: Satou Kashi no Dangan wa Uchinukenai
- Adaptation Displacement: As is the norm with light novels.
- Complete Monster: Umino's father. He drove his wife away and has been emotionally and physically abusive to Umino her entire life. He beat her so badly as an infant/toddler that she lost hearing in one ear and limps around. He didn't apparently mean to but, he also beat his dog to death and not soon later his daughter.
- It Was His Sled: Umino dies. It's a Foregone Conclusion in the books but the manga has a more ambiguous intro.
- Les Yay:
- Umino isn't too interested in the boy that likes her, instead she wants to spend all her time with Nagisa.
- In splash pages and official art Nagisa and Mokuzu are always holding hands and being intimate.
- Tear Jerker: The manga is notorious for being a mood ruiner. It seems like a normal story about a weird New Transfer Student befriending a girl and becoming her Manic Pixie Dream Girl but it goes downhill quickly once we find out Umino wasn't lying about her dad killing her dog.