YMMV: Santa Claus The Movie
- Alternate Aesop Interpretation: The failures of Patch's attempts to modernize production are treated like a lesson on Good Old Ways. However, they are consistently shown to fail due to him and his (untrained) operators not anticipating the need to inspect and maintain equipment, exacerbated by a complete lack of quality assurance testing. It's like the Too Incompetent to Operate a Blanket part of a manufacturing training video.
- Cult Classic: It was no box office blockbuster, but is one of the better-remembered Christmas films of The '80s.
- Hilarious in Hindsight / Harsher in Hindsight: The subplot about B.Z. and his toys takes on a whole new level of relevance with Turn of the Millennium stories about lead-based paint, etc. in toys that come from China.
- Memetic Mutation: "FOR FREE?!"
- Moe: Cornelia.
- What an Idiot: Why would B.Z. be stupid enough to deliberately make teddy bears stuffed with sawdust and nails when regular old cotton/polyester filling is actually cheaper? Does he want to bring himself to financial ruin or something?
- There's also the matter of setting the price point on his candy canes so ludicrously high that most children wouldn't be able to afford them. Unlike the standard Corrupt Corporate Executive MO (doing evil in the process of making lots of money), B.Z. seems to be in it solely For the Evulz at the expense of actually turning a profit!