Here are the various subjective tropes used throughout the Sonic Storybook Series
Sonic and the Secret Rings:
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming/ Tastes Like Diabetes /Narm: The ending.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: From the PC complilation of Sonic 3 & Knuckles came the Sonic screensavers. One of them featured◊ a genie lamp. Then, over 10 years later...
- Memetic Mutation: Evil Foundry's music. All together now: "WHO'S GONNA ROCK THE PLACE?! PLACE?! PLACE?!"
- Moral Event Horizon: Erazor crosses it when he manipulates Shara's feelings for him to get the World Rings, and then scoffs at her death when she takes a hit intended for Sonic.
- Most Wonderful Sound: The sound Pearls make when they are collected.
- Nightmare Fuel: Erazor's very gruesome and agonizing-sounding transformation into Alf-Layla-Wa-Layla. Also, the appearance of Alf-Layla-Wa-Layla in general.
- That One Level: Dinosaur Jungle - Mission 10: "Get the Pterosaur Egg!". You must find four dinosaur eggs scattered throughout a small course and take them to their nests. One problem: each egg belongs in a specific nest and the eggs' locations are all randomized. Combine all this with controls that are more tuned for going forwards than anything related to exploration, and you got a mission that will wear out its welcome in no time flat.
- The Woobie: Sonic. He has to deal with a magical flame arrow jutting out of his heart which continually saps his energy as a result of his selflessness, has a time limit to fulfill the request of retrieving the World Rings or the curse will kill him, experiences fatigue from the curse occasionally, has to juggle with the idea that he'll be killed whether he does it or not, and then is faced by Shahra's death and his rather painful-looking forced transformation into Darkspine Sonic. On top of that, the poor guy is suffering with a cold throughout the game as well.
Sonic and the Black Knight:
- Crowning Moment Of Awesome: Detailed here. Spoilers abound.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Sonic stops Merlina's plan because he doesn't like the idea of a world that won't end. It's this because of how unclear it is. Though he could actually mean he doesn't like the idea of a world unable to change, the dialog makes it murky.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "I just gotta do what I gotta do!"
- Live Life; a slow bittersweet ballad about enjoying life while you still can as the "I Am" Song for Sonic The hyperactive, cocky, gotta-go-fast Hedgehog? How the hell is THAT supposed to work? Like a match made in heaven, apparently.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: One line from the main theme of Sonic CD, Sonic - You Can Do Anything, is "Excalibar - It's not that far". Here, Sonic gets Excalibur.
- There was one episode of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog called Hedgehog of the Hound Table in which Sonic went back to medieval times, becoming a knight while doing so.
- 8.8: IGN's low score review. A lot of it has to do with accusations that the reviewer never actually completed the game, due to comments about the post-game being totally inaccurate.
- Tear Jerker: The ending credits theme, Live Life. Performed by Crush 40.