YMMV: Ruthless People
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Barbara beating the shit out of Sam and then kicking him off the pier and into the ocean.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: President Whitmore aka Lone Starr with a bad blond dye job as "perhaps the stupidest person on the face of the earth."
- Eddie Dane is the Bedroom Killer.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Sharp ears will detect Phil Hartman as voicing a TV news reporter.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The slow police "chase" of Ken is remarkably similar to O.J. Simpson's white Bronco incident 8 years later.
- Memetic Mutation: "I've been kidnapped by Kmart!"
- Parody: "Weird Al" Yankovic did a parody of the title song called "Toothless People", expecting the film to be a smash hit. It was, but the title song itself wasn't.
- Playing Against Type: The directorial variant - this was the first non-Airplane! style comedy by Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker film, a more traditional comedy.
- Type Casting: You couldn't get two more vanilla actors in Judge Reinhold and Helen Slater to play the milquetoast kidnappers.