YMMV: Russell Brand
- Crazy Awesome: Hell YES. An example is his infamous takedown of the Westboro Baptist Church and most of the stuff he says on The Trews.
- Ho Yay: An awful lot. Mostly with Matt Morgan (his comedy partner and best friend), Noel Fielding, and Noel Gallagher, but he has also flirted with audience members and other celebrity friends.
- Hype Backlash: Brand seems to be definitely getting this among moviegoers. As noted below, his hyperactive performance style just rubs a lot of people the wrong way.
- I Am Not Leonard Nimoy: Whether the man is funny is beside the point, its pretty obvious he just can't or won't play anybody besides himself. When he hosted SNL in February 2011, he states during his monologue that he deserved an Oscar for playing a "narcissistic, drug-addicted, sex-addicted, British entertainer" (a "role" which he performed in Real Life for well over 20 years, until he got the drug and sex addiction under control) in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
- Love It or Hate It: the British public's response to all things Russell Brand. Debate rages on.