YMMV: Ronja the Robber's Daughter
- Awesome Music: When you're outcasts from society sitting around in a castle, music and theater is pretty much the only entertainment you've got. This was shown prominently in the movie, with musicians being cast instead of actors for many roles. Songs can be found here.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: They may be tough, Bad Ass robbers, but man, can they sing.
- Germans Love Ronia: Not only did the movie win the 1985 Berlin International Film Festival's Silver Bear, but both the musical and stage adaptation has been written by Germans.
- Nightmare Fuel: The harpies, especially in the movie.
- The Fair Folk almost kidnapping Ronia. In the movie, they start making eerie sounds as the mist drags in, whispering "come", and Ronia starts walking in a trance, mumbling "I'm coming..." all the while.
- Tear Jerker: Mattis' Inelegant Blubbering following Skalle-Per's death. Even more so when every Swedish TV channel used the clip to illustrate the entire country's reaction to Astrid Lindgren's death.
- "I have my child!"